Monday, August 15, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 87:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 87:8
"Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen."

At this time of my life this is my favorite scripture verse. I thought I didn't have one, it would be like picking a favorite child. But, this is it. I hear these words echo in my mind all the time. It is where I continually seek to be.

As I ponder on the command "stand ye in holy places, and be not moved". I have come to know that obvious holy places like the temple, church or my home is not where I can be every minute of the day. I need to shop, go to the doctors, work, and run untold errands so I can care for needful things. I have wondered how I could possibly "be not moved" from holy places, and still move about?

Then I understood, I have to take it with me. Sorta like the Israelites did with the tabernacle as they wondered in the wilderness. The only thing that can make a place holy is the presence of the spirit of the Lord. If the Holy Ghost is my constant companion it would be possible to stand in holy places, and be not moved, while actually moving about. I could be locked in the darkest of dungeons and still it could be a holy place, if that is where my mind and heart seeks to dwell. No wonder Joseph Smith, Paul and John the Revelator were all capable of receiving beautiful revelations while being in such a place. I need obvious holy places to put the oil in my lamp. Then as I move about with the light of the Holy Ghost as my constant companion, the holy place remains in my heart. Only then would I truly not be moved.


Day 506



No comments:

Post a Comment