Monday, August 29, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 101:7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 101:7-8
"They were slow to hearken unto the voice of the Lord their God; therefore, the Lord their God is slow to hearken unto their prayers, to answer them in the day of their trouble.
In the day of their peace they esteemed lightly my counsel; but, in the day of their trouble, of necessity they feel after me."

I know this well. I had one trouble after another, until one day the words of this verse came to me, even though I wasn't reading my scriptures. I knew I was in a cycle of only remembering the Lord because my troubles brought me to my knees. When there was calm I did my own thing. The Lord was not my priority. When I had troubles I was more active at church and attending to needful things. Sorta like a child that cleans their room in the expectation of gaining a reward. Not because they really wanted a clean room. How grateful I am that I realized this cycle had to end. I knew I needed to turn to the Lord of my own doing and not because I was compelled to do so. This changed my life. Blessings have come. Trials that will and always do come are fewer and shorter in duration. They do not have their sting because the Lord comforters me all the day long. 


Day 520

No comments:

Post a Comment