Sunday, August 14, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C 86:6-7

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 86:6-7
"But the Lord saith unto them, pluck not up the tares while the blade is yet tender (for verily your faith is weak), lest you destroy the wheat also.
Therefore, let the wheat and the tares grow together until the harvest is fully ripe; then ye shall first gather out the wheat from among the tares, and after the gathering of the wheat, behold and lo, the tares are bound in bundles, and the field remaineth to be burned."

I had to sit and reflect on how living among the tares has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. I truly have learned faith. I have had to learn to turn to the Lord and rely on him and not man. These are lessons I could have learned no other way.

The other thing I thought about is how merciful the Lord is to have the wheat and tares grow together. I know the tares are planted by Satan, but with them living among the children of God there is always a chance the now wicked will change before they become fully ripe. Repentance would never happen if they didn't have examples around them of the mercy of the Lord. It really is for both our sake we are growing up together.

When I have fully grown in faith, and they have fully become ripe to wickedness, there is no longer any benefit we can receive from each other. Then God is merciful to his saints to gather them from the field. What a comfort it is to know that the Lord will move me to a better place when the time is right. Right now because I know there are things I can still learn, I wouldn't change a thing.


Day 505


No comments:

Post a Comment