Today's Favorite Verse: John 19:15
"But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar."
The Caesar mentioned is Tiberius Caesar. He was the ruling Roman Emperor, supreme political figure at the time, and not a king. Being a "Caesar" was a royal title like the title "Pharoah" in Egypt, but not an official title like a king. The Jews were rejecting Jesus by calling Caesar their king, when even that wasn't true. I just found it rather interesting how they held up a political figure as their king when that wasn't his title. I pondered on how they were willing to worship Caesar as their king, instead of Jesus Christ. There is a lesson in there in making men kings before Jesus Christ.
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Today's Favorite Verse: John 19:15
Labels:
caesar,
favorite verse,
john,
king,
new testament,
politics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment