Friday, August 28, 2026

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 24:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 24:14
"But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:"

I didn't realize that the saints called following the gospel of Jesus Christ, "the way". It reminds me of how we speak now of the, "the covenant path". It is still the straight and narrow way that leads to Christ.

"In Acts, the term “the way” is often used to refer to Christianity; it denotes the path or course of Christians. Central to Christian belief is the doctrine that Jesus Christ is “the way” of salvation and that through Him all will be resurrected. Paul declared that the real reason the Jews opposed him was his belief in the Resurrection. However, he asserted that his message of the Resurrection was not heresy but was identical to the long-held hope of the Jewish nation. President Thomas S. Monson (1927–2018) spoke of the universal hope that the Resurrection of Christ can bring to us all:
“Through tears and trials, through fears and sorrows, through the heartache and loneliness of losing loved ones, there is assurance that life is everlasting. Our Lord and Savior is the living witness that such is so.
“With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live."
(New Testament Student Manual, Chapter 34: Acts 21-28, "Acts 24-15 "The Way")

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
(John 14:6)



Day 4166

No comments:

Post a Comment