Friday, August 14, 2026

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 10:12-15

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 10:12-15
"Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common."

Jesus fulfilled the law of Moses but it appears that some of his Jewish followers still followed it, at least in what was considered clean and unclean to eat. I know later I will also read when other questions come up. Is it the changing of culture at that point? It made me think of how we are told the restoration is ongoing and not complete, there is more to come. It was after President Nelson was called as prophet that first heard the phrase "ongoing restoration". Up to that point I could not recall it being said like that. I decide to search the general conference talks for when that phrase was first used.

I found it in the Oct 2019 General Conference by a talk given by Elder Quentin L. Cook. He used the phrase "ongoing Restoration" in reference to President Russell M. Nelson's earlier talk. That talk was about changes in policy regarding who may serve as witnesses to baptism and sealing ordinances. It also went over changes in the Young Women and Young Men classes. After that General Conference it was used more and more. So interesting to review that tonight when we are in preparation for another change to take place in a couple weeks.There has been so many changes in the last seven years. I am so grateful I have a heart that loves and embraces change.


Day 4152

No comments:

Post a Comment