Today's Favorite Verse: John 9:27-29
"He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?
Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses’ disciples.
We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is."
Jesus healed the man born blind on the Sabbath. The Pharisees then question the man and his parents. When they asked the man a second time on how his eyes were opened he remarks on how they didn't listen the first time. Do you want to hear again and also be his disciples?
What gave me pause is how the Pharisees said they were Moses' disciples. Why didn't they say they were followers of the great "I Am" or Jehovah? I know prophets today speak to God but I'm not any prophet's disciple. I'm not a disciple of Joseph Smith, Jr. or President Dallin H. Oaks. I would call myself a disciple of Jesus Christ. That is who I follow. I know John the Baptist had disciples but he pointed them to Jesus when He made himself known.
"Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;
And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus."
(John 1:34-37)
Day 4130

No comments:
Post a Comment