Today's Favorite Verse: John 17:1
"These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:"
Many times in the scriptures it says Jesus went alone to pray. We don't know what he prayed. I wondered who recorded Jesus’ intercessory prayer? Then I realized he was with his apostles when this was given. It was after introducing the sacrament and before he went to the Garden of Gethsemane. How would it have been to be an apostle and heard Him pray for them? At the very beginning of this prayer I am struck with Jesus' humility. He prays that the Father glorify him, so he can glorify the Father. That isn't trying to get praise or credit. That is wanting to complete His mission in a manner than brings glory to the Father.
Day 4138
No comments:
Post a Comment