Thursday, February 29, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 6:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Galatians 6:7
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

It was the part "God is not mocked" that stood out to me to ponder on. I thought of two recent situations that I came across. The first was while I was by myself listening to little shorts from a comedian that I like. I like them because they are "clean". Then I heard this routine and they were making fun of God. I immediately turned it off. That's not something I entertain or listen to. It wasn't funny and I just don't go there.

Then a couple days later I was talking to someone that has left the church and I pretty much let them be and do what they do. But, this time I think they forgot who they were talking to. They started to make fun of the prophet Joseph Smith. I couldn't listen to it. Now I like to remain peaceful, and not contend, but this crossed a line in me. It took me all of one second to know the course to take. I respectfully stopped them and let them know we can't go there with this discussion. Then I bore my testimony that I knew Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Oddly, you wouldn't think it a conductive time to bare your testimony, but it was. The subject was changed and we moved on. I cringe to think of where that conversation could have gone if I hadn't taken a stand that ended it. Having the spirit to always be with me is very important to me. I believe mocking and loud laughter drives the spirit away. They cannot reside in the same place. What remains is not what I want to reap from. Your jokes just aren't worth it. To make one flee you have to bare witness of the other.



Day 3256

No comments:

Post a Comment