Monday, February 5, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 11:28

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 11:28
"But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup."

Each Sunday I have the opportunity to renew my covenants and partake of the sacrament. The times I have felt the spirit strongest during the sacrament is when I have deeply examined myself and prepared for it during the week. Examining myself is such an important part of that preparation. What sins are weighing me down that I need to resolve before I take the sacrament? For I need to take it worthily. Do I always remember the Savior, and live to have the spirit to be with me? Asking myself that helps me understand if I a drifting and where correction is needed. I love the sacrament hymns and how they prepare me to quietly reflect on the Lord. That is one moment I can tell how close or far away from Him that I am, by how deeply those words mean to me.



Day 3232

No comments:

Post a Comment