Monday, January 15, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 6:23

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 6:23
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Do I want wages or a gift? Wages you have to work for it, a gift I do not. Then I thought of wages as having a price. If these wages buy me death, or spiritual death, they must come pretty cheaply, because there isn't much value there. It comes from a poor paymaster. It's something everyone could earn. It's like cheap trinkets, or maybe brass tinkling bells?

Then I thought of the gift, which is something given to me. The value of this gift is not in the labor required but in the giver. The gift of the Savior's atonement is of inestimable worth, and lasts for the eternities. It was given to me, if I decide to receive it and not throw it away on cheap trinkets. It's interesting that we can slave our lives away on things that hold no value. Then the thing of value we can throw it way. "For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money." (Isaiah 52:3) "Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price." (2 Nephi 9:50 & Isaiah 55:1) "Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price." (2 Nephi 26:25)




Day 3211

No comments:

Post a Comment