Monday, January 22, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 13:11

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 13:11
"And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed."

I cannot help but at first think of the second coming of the Savior, and the need to awake and prepare for it. Next, I recalled an interesting thought that keeps running through my mind. It was a moment in the October 2022 closing session of General Conference. Instead of a talk it was a prayer I heard, given by Brother Brad Wilcox. He prayed that the Lord would come quickly. I've been pondering on that, because I haven't felt a need to pray for that night and day, yet I have a feeling that time is coming soon. Yet, I wasn't sure I had the need and purpose of such a prayer correct. Reading this verse made me go find the recording of that prayer and listen to it again.

"Dear Father in Heaven. It is good for us to be here. Thank Thee for this opportunity we've had to worship during this conference. We're grateful for the women and men who lead out in this great work. We're grateful for our prophets and their wives, and their families and we're grateful for the sacrifices that they make in our behalf. We are mindful of missionaries all over the world. Please bless our service missionaries, our teaching missionaries, our senior missionaries, our mission leaders, and all those who are moving this work forward. We're grateful for them. We pray for our youth and young adults, how we love them. Please bless them to be strong to resist temptation, to do as our prophet has asked them to do today, to overcome the world, and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Thy Son, may He come quickly we pray...
(Bradley R. Wilcox, Sunday Afternoon Session Opening Prayer, October 2022 General Conference.)

What I came to feel while listening to that prayer again wasn't so much a come save us, it was come because we love thee. As the world goes darker the desire to not be separated from the Lord grows stronger. I need thee every hour. Now, that is what I can pray for.



Day 3218

No comments:

Post a Comment