Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s."

Well, I have a lot of work to do in that department, to make my body glorify God. In fact it made me feel pretty sad. Then I reflected on how hard it is to lose weight, its not like I want to be fat. I've had this challenge all my life. Then I had a little thought that made me chuckle, that my weight just reflected the size of my spirit. Which lifted my spirit enough to look at this passage another way. I pictured myself in my white temple clothes. I may be heavy but I am worthy, and that is what matters the most. In this case what is more important to the Lord, the weight or the clothes? Yes, I can do better, but I have not disgraced or dishonored what would glorify my body, and for the spirit to reside there.



Day 3227

No comments:

Post a Comment