Sunday, September 11, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 85:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 85:2
"Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah."

This verse made me think of what I pondered on during sacrament today. It was on our Lord's great atoning sacrifice for the remissions of our sins. How his atonement covered all sins. It was up to us if we accepted this offering and applied it in our lives. I pondered on how important forgiveness was, just as much for the forgiver as for the forgiven. How Christ's ability to forgive, even if there was shown ingratitude or unacceptance of his offering, was necessary to have a pure soul. How it is required of me to forgive, even when others show ingratitude for what I have done for them. Forgiveness doesn't mean the other earned anything unfairly, for it has no effect on them unless they apply it in their life. Being able to forgive means everything for me, to not poison my soul.



Day 2722

No comments:

Post a Comment