Sunday, November 28, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 9:1, 3, 7

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 9:1, 3, 7
"And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?
And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet.
And David said unto him, Fear not: for I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father’s sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually."

Not only was David being kind to the house of Saul. He was honoring a covenant he made with his friend Jonathan. I pondered on how both keeping a promise and showing kindness is what the Lord would want us to do.

" And thou shalt not only while yet I live shew me the kindness of the LORD, that I die not:
But also thou shalt not cut off thy kindness from my house for ever: no, not when the LORD hath cut off the enemies of David every one from the face of the earth.
So Jonathan made a covenant with the house of David, saying, Let the LORD even require it at the hand of David’s enemies.
And Jonathan caused David to swear again, because he loved him: for he loved him as he loved his own soul."
(1 Samuel 20:14-17)



Day 2435

No comments:

Post a Comment