Monday, November 15, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 27:1, 4

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 27:1, 4
" And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul: there is nothing better for me than that I should speedily escape into the land of the Philistines; and Saul shall despair of me, to seek me any more in any coast of Israel: so shall I escape out of his hand.
And it was told Saul that David was fled to Gath: and he sought no more again for him."

This made me wonder if David was inspired of the Lord to have those thoughts and impressions, or had he given up on the Lord preserving him? I cannot say which it is, by reading this chapter. One thing is clear Saul no longer sought after David. Regardless, God is still protecting David from Saul.

I did find something interesting about this chapter in the Old Testament Student Manual.

"Although many commentators condemn this action by David, it should be noted that he was fulfilling God’s commandment given to Moses and Joshua to utterly destroy the Canaanites when Israel first came to the promised land "
(Old Testament Student Manual Genesis-2 Samuel, "1 Samuel 16-31: Kind David's Call to Lead Israel", (25-32)



Day 2422

No comments:

Post a Comment