Sunday, June 18, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 39:7, 21

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 39:7, 21
"So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.
And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them."

I was drawn to the mention of the heathens in this chapter. They that survive this great last battle of Gog in the land of Magog. Seven months the people are burying their dead. For seven years they burn the weapons of war for fuel. They all know who God is. When I looked at the footnote on the heathen I see it says "Conversion, Convert". These must be the good people of the earth that never knew God. The preaching of the gospel and gathering of Israel will continue into the Millennium. For all will be converted.

At the Savior's first visitation to the America's after his resurrection it took 2-3 years for everyone to be converted. Who knows how long it will take everyone remaining after the Savior's seconding coming to be converted.

"And it came to pass that the thirty and fourth year passed away, and also the thirty and fifth, and behold the disciples of Jesus had formed a church of Christ in all the lands round about. And as many as did come unto them, and did truly repent of their sins, were baptized in the name of Jesus; and they did also receive the Holy Ghost.
And it came to pass in the thirty and sixth year, the people were all converted unto the Lord, upon all the face of the land, both Nephites and Lamanites, and there were no contentions and disputations among them, and every man did deal justly one with another."
(4 Nephi 1:1-2)

Joseph Fielding Smith on the subject, "Some members of the Church have an erroneous idea that when the millennium comes all of the people are going to be swept off the earth except righteous members of the Church. That is not so. There will be millions of people, Catholics, Protestants, agnostics, Mohammedans, people of all classes, and of all beliefs, still permitted to remain upon the face of the earth, but they will be those who have lived clean lives, those who have been free from wickedness and corruption. All who belong, by virtue of their good lives, to the terrestrial order, as well as those who have kept the celestial law, will remain upon the face of the earth during the millennium. Eventually, however, the knowledge of the Lord will cover the earth as the waters do the sea."
(Doctrines of Salvation, 1:86)



Day 3000

No comments:

Post a Comment