Friday, June 2, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 24:14, 16

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 24:14, 16
"I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord GOD.
Son of man, behold, I take away from thee the desire of thine eyes with a stroke: yet neither shalt thou mourn nor weep, neither shall thy tears run down. "

That's an absolute promise. In this chapter Ezekiel is given the parable of the boiling pot. It's not a pretty sight. It's another descriptive way to warn the people of what is coming for their wickedness. Then Ezekiel is told that the desire of his eye, his wife will die. He was not to mourn or weep. This lack of ability to mourn would be like the people when their dearest object, the temple is destroyed. They will just pine away. From the description it sounds like they are deeply depressed and unable to mourn. It's a very sad chapter. In a way I wondered if one of the reasons Ezekiel's wife is taken is so she wouldn't have to witness the absolute destruction of Jerusalem and its people. In a small way that is a tender mercy.



Day 2985

No comments:

Post a Comment