Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 20:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 20:1
"When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt."

I pondered on the land the Israelite inherited was land already inhabited by other people. They were told this is yours, but you have to do hard things to acquire it, now go and do it. This test was to try and prove them, if they would turn their hearts to the Lord and trust him. I appreciated how terrifying that could be, but also how faith strengthening the victory was for them. When I have had to do hard things, I know it is only through relying on the Lord that I could achieve or endure them.



Day 2332

No comments:

Post a Comment