Sunday, November 3, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 3:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Philippians 3:14
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

This made me think of the opposite of "looking beyond the mark"

"But behold, the Jews were a stiffnecked people; and they despised the words of plainness, and killed the prophets, and sought for things that they could not understand. Wherefore, because of their blindness, which blindness came by looking beyond the mark, they must needs fall; for God hath taken away his plainness from them, and delivered unto them many things which they cannot understand, because they desired it. And because they desired it God hath done it, that they may stumble."
(Jacob 4:14)

To not look beyond the mark I need to look straight at it. That is towards my Savior, Jesus Christ. I need to press forward in Christ. How do I do that?, by plainness. The basic of the gospel, the doctrine of Christ. I need to cherish the word of God, in the scriptures and listen to the words of the prophets and apostles. They will not move me beyond the mark, they lead me towards Christ.

I love these words of Nephi for he gloried in plainness, and the doctrine of Christ.

"Wherefore, the things which I have written sufficeth me, save it be a few words which I must speak concerning the doctrine of Christ; wherefore, I shall speak unto you plainly, according to the plainness of my prophesying.
For my soul delighteth in plainness; for after this manner doth the Lord God work among the children of men. For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding."
(2 Nephi 31:2-3)

"I glory in plainness; I glory in turth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell."
(2 Nephi 33:6)



Day 1679

No comments:

Post a Comment