Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Colossians 2:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Colossians 2:8
"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately on the parable of the ten virgins and have really come to feel I am seeing it happen right now. It grieves me to see saints being lead away by the false doctrine of men, and a spirit of apathy in doing what the prophet has counseled, in particular reading the scriptures daily with their families. They will not have oil in their lamps when they need it the most, which is actually right now in the day we are living.

"And at that day, when I shall come in my glory, shall the parable be fulfilled which I spake concerning the ten virgins.
For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived - verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day."
(Doctrine and Covenants 45:56-57)

I wish I had saved the link to a post I read this morning. A mother related how she told the story of Noah and the ark to her child, and the little one asked "What happened to all the children?" The mother replied "Their parents didn't make sure they were on the boat." Isn't that just the saddest thought! I had never pictured little children dying in the flood due to the foolishness of their parents. It's made me think of that comment all day long. Right now if we are not doing everything in our power our children won't get on the boat. They won't know to put oil in their lamps or even have one. At the very least we should do what the prophet asked for them.



Day 1682

No comments:

Post a Comment