Saturday, November 23, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 1:6

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Timothy 1:6
"Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands."

Right before reading this chapter I had a very heartfelt prayer to my Heavenly Father, in gratitude for the gift of the Holy Ghost, given me by the laying on of hands after baptism. I seemed to have been going through a dry spell lately of recognizing the Spirit's whispering, until I came to see a new "phase" in my trial and the Christlike attribute I needed to work on. Since that discovery ten days ago and with a sincere resolve to do better, little impressions started to come to me. Maybe of no significance to others, but they were to me. They have been specific and helpful in time of need. Tender mercies to show me the Lord is mindful of me and what I have been going through. Now doors are miraculously opening for me. What an amazing journey I am on in this life. I went back and read the talk "Trust in the Lord" by Elder Richard G. Scott that opened the door ten days ago.

This is my favorite quote ten days ago.

"When you pass through trials for His purposes, as you trust Him, exercise faith in Him, He will help you. That support will generally come step by step, a portion at a time. While you are passing through each phase, the pain and difficulty that comes from being enlarged will continue. If all matters were immediately resolved at your first petition, you could not grow. Your Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son love you perfectly. They would not require you to experience a moment more of difficulty than is absolutely needed for your personal benefit or for that of those you love."

These are the quotes that have greater meaning today.

"I testify that when the Lord closes one important door in your life, He shows His continuing love and compassion by opening many other compensating doors through your exercise of faith. He will place in your path packets of spiritual sunlight to brighten your way. They often come after the trial has been the greatest, as evidence of the compassion and love of an all-knowing Father. They point the way to greater happiness, more understanding, and strengthen your determination to accept and be obedient to His will."

"True enduring happiness with the accompanying strength, courage, and capacity to overcome the most challenging difficulties comes from a life centered in Jesus Christ. Obedience to His teachings provides a sure foundation upon which to build. That takes effort. There is no guarantee of overnight results, but there is absolute assurance that, in the Lord’s time, solutions will come, peace will prevail, and emptiness will be filled."
(Elder Richard G. Scott, "Trust in the Lord", Oct 1995 General Conference)



Day 1699




No comments:

Post a Comment