Sunday, March 25, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 40:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 40:3
"And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord."

David wrote hymns and these psalms come from his music. I have often wondered how the melody would have played with these words? It also reminds me of the hymns that awaken me in the morning or come into my mind at different times throughout the day. How they instruct and encourage me. Lately, this has made me reflect on a part of my patriarchal blessing that I received when I was 15 years old.  "Seek those things in life which are edifying and uplifting--the beautiful things of life, the arts, music, science, and shun those things which are of darkness."

I thought at the time it meant I had some undeveloped musical talent within me. Something I have come to learn is not my gift. Lately as I hear the songs of redeeming love I know that music is a way the spirit touches my soul. It is how I am instructed and taught to ponder the ways of the Lord. When I hear the hymns they are so beautiful to me. Appreciation of music has become my gift. They edify and uplift me. No one hears the music within me they're my special messages from God.



The song of my heart...."Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing"

Day 1093

No comments:

Post a Comment