Thursday, March 22, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 37:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 37:7
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

That first part of the verse made me ponder on patience. How I once prayed for it and all I received were more trials. Opportunities to try my patience further. I was told by others never to pray for patience. But, I needed it desperately, especially with my autistic son. As time passed and with more trials my patience shortened until I was a complete mess. It was only when I was completely broken in body and spirit that I turned to the Lord and he strengthened me. I learned to trust Him and found his ways were better than my ways. Coming into the rest of the Lord is where patience grows. I can see it can be given no other way. For He is the strength needed to wait patiently for what he has in store. Oh, I must do my part, listen, learn, search for what is the right answers to my problems. Patience is not waiting but doing. Then when I come upon the answers the spirit confirms, that is correct. Patience is an adventure and an opportunity to know the will of the Lord.



Day 1090

No comments:

Post a Comment