Thursday, April 28, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 4:13-14

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 4:13-14
"Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.
Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest unto you how great things the Father hath laid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come unto you, because of unbelief."

This chapter made me cry, for myself. It talks about the brother of Jared's record being sealed up until there were people with faith such as his, on earth again to receive them. That the revelations of John, that we don't have now, will come forth at that time too. They are all sealed because of unbelief.

I realized today I'm OK not seeing them. I already know its true, even though I don't know a word of what's in them. I already accept them and i don't need to see it. These are things I have wanted to read and hold all my life, and now its changed. I have to leave this to the wisdom of God. My heart remembered how I so longed to see my Savior. Then I had a near-death experience, and coming back and living in this world with knowledge of the other side was to much. I needed the veil so I could function in this life. It took a while to get it back, and I'm OK with that. There is a purpose for having a veil over our eyes. I can't even imagine seeing all the Father had in store for me and then being made to remain on this earth. I already grieve for the sins I see around me, I can't imagine feeling even greater pain for them. It would hurt to much. If I was to see all things I would have to stay on the other side, I couldn't come back.

I think I used to want to know what was hidden because in a way I really wanted to see to believe. Now I believe and don't need to see. I'm OK leaving that all in God's hands. He knows better than I what I can handle seeing. He knows now I don't need to see to believe. It's still kind a odd to have a desire I've had all my life leave me, even if the reason for wanting to see was wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment