Monday, August 31, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Jude 1:22

Today's favorite verse: Jude 1:22
"And of some have compassion, making a difference:"

I've had a really bad day, with a lot of unplanned interruptions from others. I was simply not patient and in a foul mood because of it. I got to the point I was sharp and angry with others. I feel really bad when I get that way. I had to vent to my husband for a while before we could have scripture study. I felt peace only start to return as we said our prayer before reading. Afterwards I was getting better but still not back to normal. Then I read my personal scriptures and I had to read this chapter over and over again before I was ready to be taught.

Now I see in this verse the missing element today was compassion. That is what I lacked throughout the day. I was only thinking of myself and what I planned and what I wanted. That is not normal behavior for me. I want to go back to the old me, the one that cares about others and what I can do to help them. This selfishness I experienced today is not a good way to live. I just can't handle it. How do other people do it?  Forget that, I don't want to know, because I think its an impossible way to live and be happy. I'm just glad this trial is over, I think I got the point. Serving God and having compassion for others is the only way to live. Compassion does make a difference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment