Thursday, August 27, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 John 4:7-8

Today's favorite verse: 1 John 4:7-8
"Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

I love how John calls us beloved as he speaks in the scriptures. I can feel his gentle soul and his great love for us and the Savior. This must be why the Savior loved him so.

I believe that everyone born on this earth has the light of Christ within them and the capability to love others. Though they may not understand that is where it comes from. A greater capacity to love comes from loving God. I am saddened by the evil that is in the world. Men's hearts are turning cold. How easy it is for people to kill others in thoughts and deeds. I ask myself what does our world need? How can things turn around?

The answer is to turn our hearts back to God. To be God fearing people. It is to learn to love one another. All I can do is my part. What a difference it would make in the world if we all did. I think as evil is increasing in these end times so is the spirituality and love of God's people. As the world gets darker, God's people have more light. I so want to be counted among them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment