Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: James 2:26

Today's favorite verse: James 2:26
"For the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

This chapter goes into great length about faith without works is dead. As I sat and pondered on what this chapter was telling me I asked myself when did I have faith in something but without the works it was dead? Then I realized it was today.

My oldest son has autism and I went with him to a government agency to help figure out a plan to help him. He had earlier attempted to maneuver through it himself but he would shut down during the talks because he was over-whelmed. So it was time to act as a mediator for him.

As I entered the room a word popped into my head "Housing". I needed to ask this person about housing. Well the government agency we were dealing with had nothing at all to do with housing. It would seem a pretty weird thing to ask them about that. 

Yet, I knew this was not a random thought. I've had to much experience in the way the spirit talks to me to ignore this impression. I immediately wrote that word down on my notepad and decided to wait and see when it fit to ask that question. It wasn't until an hour later. We were pretty much at a standstill in our discussion, no decision could be made. My son had pretty much shut down from being overwhelmed with options. The case worker was still trying to figure out how to record a plan to help him.

I then had the impression to change the subject and ask the question about housing in a specific way. The case-worker gave me the information on the agency to contact and then she said "You know if you are wanting to look into housing there is a place that you might want to consider....." Bingo all of a sudden the case-worker had a totally different direction in which they could help my son. My son on hearing this new plan began to take interest and participate again. The room was full of energy and hope. The case-worker made some phone calls and yes there were openings for some classes he had longed to take but no money to do so. We had no idea this agency had any connection to that.  I sat there in total awe of how the Lord directs things. He really does know the perfect plan to help his children. On my own asking this agency about housing made no logical sense, I never would have thought to ask. But, the Lord knew it was the one word needed to get to the help my son needed.

I wondered how many times has He been talking to me all along but I didn't recognize it? How many times did I miss golden chances, simply because that random thought made no sense? Now I see from this verse that if I had all the faith in the world today nothing would have happened. It took acting upon the impress given me, faith in knowing the Lord has this covered, his ways are better than my second guesses. Learning to do the work he simply asks of me opens the doors to his blessings. Otherwise its dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment