Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Peter 3:18-20

Today's favorite verse: 1 Peter 3:18-20
"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might brings us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

I am well acquainted with these verses. They are part of Doctrine and Covenants section 138, that I was instructed to read after my near-death experience. I saw the spirit prison, where Christ went after his death, while his body still laid in the tomb. 

He organized the preaching of the gospel to every soul that had not the opportunity in their lifetime to receive it. Those that did not have a chance for baptism. I saw all my relatives that needed their saving ordinances done. Those that accepted the gospel could not progress further and were bound in spirit prison. I marvel at how fair God is with all his children. They are denied no blessings if they will receive it. If circumstances in life prevented them from hearing his gospel, they are given the opportunity in the next. What a great work is going on, on both sides of the veil. 

If you think that what I say is not true, why then did Peter say Christ went to preach to the spirits in prison? Why would Christ teach people and then say, oh well to bad you missed that chance while you were on the earth. Sorry you were born a Gentile and that's just to bad. That would simply be cruel, and our Savior always had compassion and would never hurt in such a way. I know what I say is true, I am a witness to it, there is such a place where spirits are taught. On earth we can do proxy baptism and ordinances for them, all they need is to accept it. God loves his children and there is a way that all can be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment