Thursday, August 6, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrews 9:14

Today's favorite verse: Hebrews 9:14
"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

The whole chapter explains how the Mosaic ordinances were performed and represented the coming of Christ and his ultimate sacrifice. The Mosaic law was a dead law. Instead of an animal being sacrifice for sins its fulfillment came in our Saviour. He being perfect was the only one unspotted and worthy to make such an offering. With the doing away of this dead law through Christ's atonement and resurrection we now serve a living God. 

As I reviewed this chapter I could almost see in my mind the bleating lambs, calves and goats and blood upon the alter. How shocking that would be to my senses. How different that scene is from temple worship today. I am just really grateful I live in these times. Though I'm sure regardless of the law you live under you find meaning in it. Looking back from today's view I understand what this was representing, did they understand that all then too?  I pondered on those that lived the Mosaic law and I wondered what they would think of my temple worship today. I came away with the confirmation that I was born for these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment