Friday, August 28, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 John 5:14-15

Today's favorite verse: 1 John 5:14-15
"And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."

It would be so wonderful to have all my prayers answered. As I pondered on this verse I see the key to having prayers answers is to ask according to God's will. So how do I know what I ask is according to His will? I am thinking it must be by the spirit. For the spirit would tell me if what I am asking is according to His will. That same witness would come through the spirit that my prayers are answered.

Sometimes as I pray I have no doubt my prayers will be answered. Then other times I feel no attachment to them. Now I can see that the spirit will teach me what to pray for. If I have the spirit always with me, I will be inspired on what to ask. This whole thing is a learning process. I think as I work towards understanding God's will for me, the spirit will help me understand what to ask of God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment