Saturday, August 15, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: James 5:8

Today's favorite verse: James 5:8
"Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts; for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

The part "stablish your hearts" really jumped out to me. What does that mean? Why would I need to do that before the coming of the Lord?

I began to see in my mind a tiny seed starting to grow. The more roots it develops the stronger that plant is established. Roots cannot be seen because they are covered by the earth. If I am impatient and mess with the roots the growth is halted, or it could die. A plant once established is harder to tear up and remove from it's place. Over time a little seed can become a mighty tree that shelters others from the storms. 

I need patience because I will not be able to see all that is happening out of my view. My roots are the gospel of Jesus Christ. Every day that I study His word I grow stronger in my faith. Through them I learn to turn my heart away from the things of this world and towards Christ. My heart becomes established in Him. I will have the peace that passes understanding and endures. It will give me the patience to await His coming. The strength needed to not only prevent me from being torn up, but help others seek the shelter of the Lord. Where my heart is my reward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment