Sunday, August 30, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 John 1:4

Today's favorite verse: 3 John 1:4
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

At one time all three of my children were not active in the church. Two of them it was a matter of laziness, and they simply didn't want to go, or want to commit. One it was active hostility, persecution of my beliefs and removing their membership off the records of the church. Let me tell you that was sorrow.

I remember one day with a broken heart praying over my children. Then comfort came for I knew one day I would have joy over my children. If not those I was raising here, it would be those I would be raising in the next life. I would not lose out on any blessings, if I remained faithful. 

I now have one that has returned to activity in the church. I have joy daily as my husband, son, and I sit and read the scriptures together. It is a blessing to hear our son read them aloud to us. I love hearing his insights on what we have read, sometimes our discussions will last for hours. This is a joy in my life, and I am grateful. The heart still longs for the others. I can only imagine the full joy it would be seeing them all gathered around me. 

My children could have degrees, great jobs, successful lives and it would not matter to me. I would rather them poor and have nothing, but strong in their faith in God and active in His Church. No matter what life brings my children I want them to have peace. That will only come if they walk with Christ, that is why I desire it so badly for them. That is why there would be no greater joy then to see them on His path.


No comments:

Post a Comment