Monday, August 3, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrews 6:18-19

Today's favorite verse: Hebrews 6:18-19
"That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;"

This chapter speaks of both light and darkness I had favorite verses in both. In the darkness Paul speaks of the sons of perditions, those that had full knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and deny him. I do not need to dwell there, but know that is the fate I do not want to have. The other verses tell me God is not unrighteous he will not forget my work and labour of love done in His name. 

I wondered then how people that had the light can then go dark? I then in these verses see they lost the anchor of the soul. They lost hope and let go. I'm sure there are many ways a person can do that. But, I am reminded in these verses the importance of the temple and all the blessings there. During my darkest hours the light of the temple has been that refuge to my soul, it is my anchor. What I learn there is steadfast and never changing. I have hope. To set that at naught would have me walk where I would not want to walk. 

As I pondered more upon this I believe pride is what would make me forget the Lord. If I was to start doing works and labour of love in mine own name, for my pride, I would soon forget the whole purpose of the plan. I would turn my back on the Lord. That thought just makes me shudder, I don't want to go there. It makes me see the importance of doing all that I do in the name of the Lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment