Sunday, August 23, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Peter 3:16-17

Today's favorite verse: 2 Peter 3:16-17
"As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness."

This chapter is talking about Lord's second coming. How some will even doubt of His return. These verses remind me of the warning I have felt over people on the other end of that scale. They are obsessed with the signs of His coming. I have seen YouTube videos about the end days where every little thing is over analyzed and forced to fit into some perceived formula, to the point they wrest or twist things. The man-made 18th century rapture doctrine clearly comes to my mind as one of them. 

The spirit has repeatedly told me its just not that complicated. The preparation I need is to read and ponder the scriptures, and store them up. When the signs appear my mind will recall into remembrance all that I have treasured up. I will know the signs for what they really are. They will not be polluted with the philosophies of man. There is danger in setting up a time-line of events that sees these signs in only one way. Don't go beyond the mark. With the spirit as my guide I will know what to do when the time is right. Just have faith and believe. There is safety in trusting the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment