Friday, August 21, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Peter 1:10

Today's favorite verse: 2 Peter 1:10
"Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"

I have often wondered over the years what it takes to have your calling and election made sure. I know I was guilty of wanting it because I wanted to believe. Now that I believe it matters not the timing of when I see His face. The key to it is in this chapter. It is a line upon line progression until one day after being fully tried and tested you are found worthy before the Lord. 

What are those steps of progression? (2 Peter 1:5-7)
Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness, and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

This is why so many prophets and apostles speak of Charity, the pure love of Christ, for it is the greatest of all. Without faith, hope and charity I cannot endure the presence of the Lord. I can read all the books I want, study all I want, but if I don't act upon what is told me, if I do not abound in good works, it is of no value. Without charity I am nothing. 

"For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:8)


No comments:

Post a Comment