Sunday, August 16, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Peter 1:7-9

Today's favorite verse: 1 Peter 1:7-9
"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls."

What is the end of my faith? A person that has left the church no longer has faith. I know that is not what it is speaking about because that would not bring salvation to my soul. To no longer have faith mean I no longer just believe, I know. I have an absolute knowledge of the Lord. His appearing unto me brings that knowledge. 

What then brings that type of faith that accomplishes its requirement?  It is being tried. This understanding makes me see my trials in a totally different light. As I look at my past I see the experiences that I wished to run from, are now counted as my greatest blessings. I can see all the miracles I want, but its my trials that are the most meaningful. What I have been taught through them I would never trade. I could have learned to trust the Lord no other way. This is the only way my faith in Christ has grown. 

I think of the fireman. As the fire consumes the building people are fleeing for their lives. The fireman has the courage to run towards that building instead. He has a heavy coat to protect him, oxygen so he can breath. Training so he can find what is lost and put the fire out. He becomes a hero, though he never does it for the praise of man. My trials are that fire, the soul being rescued is mine own. The Lord has given me a coat of protect, and the spirit as a guide. My training comes from past experience in trusting the Lord. I must pass through the fire to come out on the other side. The arms of the Lord are awaiting me. I will have faith no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment