Saturday, August 22, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Peter 2:9

Today's favorite verse: 2 Peter 2:9
"The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:"

The whole chapter tells of what happens to the wicked. I was going to find a verse to share about what happens to them, but I couldn't settle on one. That's because its not where my heart wants to be, it wouldn't be my favorite verse from today. Instead I found this little gem among the thorns.

What I notice is that it doesn't say the Lord will keep the godly from temptation, but that he will deliver them out of them. We are all tried and tempted, none are immune. The difference is through the Lord the righteous are delivered. I can see in mine own life as I have drawn closer to the Lord the period of time my trials last becomes shorter. The pain is not the same. With the spirit as my guide I have His peace. Then the answers come, allowing me to overcome what was placed before me. This earth life is hard enough I cannot imagine feeling His punishments into the next one. I need His peace now, I want it still later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment