Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 John 2:18-19, 22

Today's favorite verse: 1 John 2:18-19, 22
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for it they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son."

What stood out to me in these verses is that John the Revelator is speaking to us about the end times. He tells us there will be many antichrists, those that deny both the Father and the Son. It's evident that at one time the antichrists were counted among God's people. They were members of His Church. Not only do they no longer believe but they deny that Jesus is the Christ, they are sinning against the knowledge of what they once knew. They will naturally leave the church. I can't help but think that their leaving is a tender mercy for us. It needs to be manifest that they do not represent all of us.  

The only protection from them is to immerse myself totally in the gospel. My whole heart must be converted. I cannot be a member in name only. As I learned long ago I must not base my testimony on anyone else's. If others fall away they won't take me with them. I will remain grounded. With faith in Christ the spirit will protect me from those that try to deceive, for I will know them for who they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment