Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 41:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 41:1
"And now, my son, I have somewhat to say concerning the restoration of which has been spoken; for behold, some have wrested the scriptures, and have gone far astray because of this thing. And I perceive that thy mind has been worried also concerning this thing. But behold, I will explain it unto thee."

This made me think of people wresting the scriptures. It's such dangerous slippery slope one goes on, that will lead them astray. I have been amazed on how rapid an increase I have been seeing of it of late. I think what makes it worse is people then espouse what they have twisted and feed it to others as gospel truths. One prime example is heavenly mother and some praying to her. The false doctrine reached a point that Elder Dale G. Renlund gave a general conference talk, "Your Divine Nature and Eternal Destiny" in April 2022 on it. I see the same thing happening with politics and the second coming. I feel like we just need to hush for a moment, be quiet and just listen to the spirit. Stop letting people whip you up into a frenzy. If your mind is worried just take a break and step away. Not away from the church, but away from those pushing agendas. There is peace when you are on the right course. Let God prevail in your life and move forward. Follow the prophet, you won't go astray.

"During these perilous times of which the Apostle Paul prophesied, Satan is no longer even trying to hide his attacks on God’s plan. Emboldened evil abounds. Therefore, the only way to survive spiritually is to be determined to let God prevail in our lives, to learn to hear His voice, and to use our energy to help gather Israel."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Let God Prevail", Oct 2020 General Conference)

"In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for Our Lives", Apr 2018 General Conference)

“Bring to light the true points of my doctrine, yea, and the only doctrine which is in me.“
And this I do that I may establish my gospel, that there may not be so much contention; yea, Satan doth stir up the hearts of the people to contention concerning the points of my doctrine; and in these things they do err, for they do wrest the scriptures and do not understand them.”
(Doctrine and Covenants 10:62-63)


Day 3485

No comments:

Post a Comment