Thursday, October 10, 2024

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 36:3, 27

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 36:3, 27
"And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.
And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me."

We never alone in our trials for the Lord is already there. I have felt that divine presence and support when I have had to struggle seemingly alone. I was never alone.

"Jesus Christ took upon Himself your sins, your pains, your heartaches, and your infirmities. You do not have to bear them alone! He will forgive you as you repent. He will bless you with what you need. He will heal your wounded soul. As you yoke yourself to Him, your burdens will feel lighter. If you will make and keep covenants to follow Jesus Christ, you will find that the painful moments of your life are temporary. Your afflictions will be “swallowed up in the joy of Christ.”
(Russell M. Nelson, "The Lord Jesus Christ Will Come Again", Oct 2024 General Conference)


Day 3480

No comments:

Post a Comment