Friday, October 13, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 1:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Mark 1:17
"And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men."

The words "to become" stood out to me. When Jesus called Simon and Andrew they were not already fishers of men. They had no experience in the work they were called to. But, Jesus saw their potential. They were simply told to "come after me", that is to follow Jesus. They would learn from observing and following Him. What a master class they would receive walking with the Savior. There were times they fell short, but what I have learned from their experiences. I pondered on how much harder this walk with Christ would be, if all he chose from the beginning were perfect men. There is hope for me.

Day 3117

No comments:

Post a Comment