Monday, October 30, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 2:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Luke 2:16
"And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger."

I was drawn to the story of the shepherds, that heard the angels message and left with haste to Bethlehem to find the infant Jesus. I had a note for haste: with purpose, and not casually. I also had another note about casual feasting.

“If we are to survive the difficult times ahead, we need to move from casual feasting to urgent feasting upon the word of God. We need to make regular and focused scripture study a priority in our lives. If we do, I promise that we will not fear.”
(Matt Maxwell, "From Fear to Feasting", Jan 2019, Ensign)

I find this interesting because just the other day I said "I have felt such an urgency to learn that I am currently reading from the New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants each day. I want to find time to add the Old Testament somehow too. That one takes so long to read all the way through, but its so important." In reflecting back on this I realized, with all the events going on in the world I have no fear, just peace. If you have fear right now I encourage you to start urgently feasting on the word of God. Feast on the scriptures, not books about the scriptures. The Gospel Library app or the Book of Mormon app are wonderful places to start.

Day 3134



No comments:

Post a Comment