Friday, April 15, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Nehemiah 1:3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: Nehemiah 1:3-4
"And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.
And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven,"

I pondered on the beauty in fasting and prayer. How it truly does strengthen us, especially in times of grief and mourning. These words of Nehemiah reminded me of something President Nelson said in recent General Conference.

"Some trials are deeply private burdens no one else can see. Others are played out on the world stage. The armed conflict in eastern Europe is one of these. I have been to Ukraine and Russia many times. I love those lands, the people, and their languages. I weep and pray for all who are affected by this conflict. As a church we’re doing all we can to help those who are suffering and struggling to survive. We invite everyone to continue to fast and pray for all the people being hurt by this calamity. Any war is a horrifying violation of everything the Lord Jesus Christ stands for and teaches.
None of us can control nations or the actions of others or even members of our own families. But we can control ourselves."
(Russell M. Nelson, "The Power of Spiritual Momentum", Apr 2022 General Conference)

I really like how he reminded us that we cannot control the actions of nations or other people. Part of accepting God's will is knowing he gave other's their free agency too. He will never leave us comfortless and alone if we turn to Him.



Day 2573

No comments:

Post a Comment