Thursday, May 24, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 100:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 100:2
"Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing."

I pondered on "serve the Lord with gladness". How many stages have I gone through about serving? I know somethings I do now, I don't even consider them as serving. Where I once thought it asking a lot. It's just something I do to help in His kingdom. Can't say I'm always glad though, but I'm working on it. It would be such a lovely place to be, to be glad to serve. Truly that would show so much love for the Lord. I really want that attitude. Maybe with this desire I will be more observant about cultivating it.

I have to remember the words of king Benjamin "...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." (Mosiah 2:17)

If I knew the Lord was standing there asking me to do something I would sing and be glad to do anything he asked. I need to picture Him more when I go about helping others. For it sounds like serving with gladness is needful to enter into his presence. He really is just standing there.



Day 1153

No comments:

Post a Comment