Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 28:23

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 28:23
"For he sacrificed unto the gods of Damascus, which smote him: and he said, Because the gods of the kings of Syria help them, therefore will I sacrifice to them, that they may help me. But they were the ruin of him, and of all Israel."

What an incredibly sad train of thought. That since Satan helped his enemies king Ahaz thought that if he sacrificed to these other gods, they would help him too. How carefully Satan leads us down to hell.

"And thus we see the end of him who perverteth the ways of the Lord; and thus we see that the devil will not support his children at the last day, but doth speedily drag them down to hell."
(Alma 30:60)

Satan didn't help his enemies. It was only because God's people forsake Him that they were left to their enemies. Their enemies would never have had power over them, if they had relied on the Lord. Ahaz was putting credit for the victory in the wrong place. Then he worships the wrong god who's only desire is to destroy him. So very sad, yet I know I have had those lies whispered in my ears. Thankfully I have known the source and turned away. I am grateful for the experience though, it was a total wakeup call to me at the time.

Day 970

No comments:

Post a Comment