Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 27:6

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 27:6
"So Jotham became mighty, because he prepared his ways before the Lord his God."

The footnote for "prepared his ways" is HEB for ordered, i.e., maintained a steady course."

What does that mean for me? What keeps me on a steady course? Reading and pondering the scriptures every day are my anchors. Personal prayers start and end my day, I would be lost without communicating with my Heavenly Father. Attending the temple, and Sabbath day worship restores my soul. As I'm pondering on things I do in my life to prepare myself to have the spirit to be with me, I realize its every thought and expression. I could do all the above but it would mean nothing if my heart wasn't in it. If I wasn't looking to the Lord to be my strength and my guide, all the "preparations" would be for naught. Faith without works is dead. I need both.


Day 969

No comments:

Post a Comment