Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrews 8:10-11

Today's favorite verse: Hebrews 8:10-11
"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, for the least to the greatest."

I pondered on why the Lord needed us to change from outward ordinances, as in the Mosaic Law to having them in my mind and written in my heart. Then I realized I could outwardly be made to do anything, but on the inside I could be rebelling. I could show all the outward appearances I wish but never belong or be part of what I am pretending to be, if I never internalized it. It made me think of apostates and the comments I see them make on forums and news articles. They tell about how they were forced to do things, but all I can see is they were lairs to pretend. Showing a form of godliness but inside rotting away. It makes me very aware of wolves in sheep clothing. 

How I long for the day when all around me are people I can say "Know ye the Lord?" and the answer will be yes. Often as I walk through the temple I feel I could stop and embrace another and ask that question. Of course I never ask, but that is the closest place I can feel it. The majority of people that take the time from their busy lives to go to the temple do it because in their hearts they want to. 

I think to survive these last days I must have God's covenants and laws in my mind, and in my heart always. Satan's greatest tools attack those very places. I must have them filled with the knowledge of the Lord. In the quiet places of my mind is what my heart looks after. There is no hiding from the Lord what is my desire. He looks on the inside, he knows the God I am worshiping and if it is him. May I always be counted one of His. 


No comments:

Post a Comment