Friday, August 7, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Hebrews 10:36

Today's favorite verse: Hebrews 10:36
"For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."

This chapter explained more about the law of Moses. How burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin had no pleasure. That the blood of bulls and goats could not take away sins. Sacrifices were made every year as a remembrance of their sins. It was only through the one sacrifice of the Savior that we could obtain forgiveness. I did ponder on how unsatisfying that would be for me living under the law of Moses. Always waiting for something better.

Then I read this verse and understand how I am still waiting for something better. Yes, I have forgiveness but I still must have patience for things to come. I must wait for the promise of Eternal Life. It seems God's people are always waiting. I wondered what blessings waiting gives me? This made me think of enduring to the end. This is not a time to sit and wait it all out. It's a time of growth and growing stronger. Learning to do God's will. His will would not only have me saved, but also my brothers and sisters. There is much work to be done and I will have the patience to endure if am engaged in His cause. While I am involved in His work I come to know him. I can grow to have His Spirit to always be with me. I this will not only be a great advantage to me in this life but also in the next.


No comments:

Post a Comment