Saturday, May 9, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Romans 7:4

Today's favorite verse: Romans 7:4
"Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God."

Paul is speaking of the law of Moses being fulfilled in the death and resurrection of Christ. Because of this there is now a new law.  This made me ponder over how I would feel if I was told the law of Moses, which I had been living, was now dead and gone. That something else was in its place. I can see how that might be a hard thing to accept. Then I thought on higher laws we are asked to live. This made me ponder on changes in life.

I simply love change. When FamilySearch puts out a new change I get so excited. I love seeing changes in how the Church functions. Can't wait for the new online way to pay tithing. Change to me is so exciting. I see a lot of changes coming down the road and I can't wait! Maybe I wouldn't have had a hard time accepting the doing away with the law of Moses and its replacement after-all. I wonder if the need to accept change is preparing us for the huge change that will happen when the Lord comes again?

No comments:

Post a Comment